Thursday, March 31, 2005

Leading a team to Indonesia

This coming July, I'll be leading a team of 8 to 10 volunteers to Indonesia to help out in the post-tsunami reconstruction. This Disaster Response team will be sent out under the banner of Habitat for Humanity, Singapore (HFHSg). (For more details regarding this, click on the following link: http://www.habitat.org.sg/tsunami/firstbuilder/firstbuilders.htm)

It is indeed a great privilege that I can contribute in whatever way I can to the reconstruction efforts there. However, as it is my first time, I wonder how it will turn out, especially since I am now the team-leader. Thankfully, Hosea, a personal friend and the National Coordinator for HFHSg, has offered to join my team and to offer his expert advice and to share his seasoned experience in home-construction.

Now, I am keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that the preparatory work -- team member recruitment, fund-raising, flight bookings, visa applications and other logistic and administrative matters -- will proceed smoothly.

May the love of Christ shine and bring hope to those who are in despair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production