Dusty Run II
Went for Dusty Run II yesterday at East Coast Park yesterday night. We started off at around 9.30 pm, with different groups of runners opting for 10 km, 20 km, 30 km and 50 km routes. There was a total of maybe 50-60 runners, with the majority choosing to do 30 km. I also chose the 30 km route, and got off to a steady start. From ECP F2 Carpark, we went up past Bedok Camp, towards Changi Hospital and Tampines SAFRA before turning towards Temasek Poly.
Around mid-way through the race, I could feel the life being sucked out of me. Maybe it's because I haven't done much running over the past couple of weeks, and a sudden lack of stamina and willpower hit me hard like a ton of bricks. I significantly reduced my pace and had to intersperse my running with brisk walking and jogging. A stitch set in soon after, and my lower back began aching terribly as I went along Bedok Town Park.
I took a wrong turn after the Siglap Park connector and the journey back to F2 carpark was long and lonely. There were no runners in front of me, and none behind me. But at least I remained in familiar territory and knew the way back from ECP Zone D. All by myself under a cloudy midnight sky, I slowly made my way to the end-point.
I had expected to cover 30 km in over 3 hours, and the timing I did clock of about 3 hr 28 min seemed about right. But as I had taken a wrong turn, I actually ran only 25.6 km...which meant that my timing was dismally disappointing. It's an average 7.3 km/hr pace. So slow! :( Nevertheless, it was an enjoyable run, with the cool night breeze behind me and the jolly post-run company to chit-chat with.
Well done, Stardust, for a race brilliantly organised! :)
Labels: Running








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home