Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain
Last week, I was informed that today's wheelchair repair session would be "special" -- there would be media coverage. Yes, media coverage...members of the press would come along for our training, and maybe do a special feature on us in the papers. That's great, since this ministry of repairing wheelchairs needs more publicity anyway, to generate more donation funds and to attract more volunteers to help out.
Surprisingly though, there were even fewer volunteers who showed up today than last week. I had expected more to turn up, simply because some would want to have their pictures taken by the press. :) But more surprisingly, the media folks failed to appear altogether! Lol. Maybe it was the rain that kept them away. :)
With the soothing, rhythmic sound of drizzling rain accompanying us in our repair work, the volunteers and I who were there swiftly completed maintenance of six wheelchairs within a span of 4 hours. Our instructor Eugene told us that the chairs were due to be sent over to the Philippines as part of a relief aid package. Cool! :)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home