Relay Race
It's been a tiring morning. I woke up at 5:20 am, washed up, had cornflakes for breakfast, then caught a ride from Nanyan to Keat Hong for a relay race which was due to commence at 7 am. I was Runner #8 in my company team of 16 runners. I don't particularly like short races such as the one today - about 1.4km - so it was with not a little dread that I took my position at the startline and waited for Runner #7, Chee Keong, to appear around the bend. After I received the baton from him, I ran so hard I felt the soles of my feet burn against the soft cotton of my socks. But even though I didn't manage to overtake anyone, but instead was overtaken by another runner, it was a good race, all in all. Our team showed excellent team spirit, and that's what really matters. We came in 4th out of some over 20 teams, and later on, I found out that I managed to improve my timing from 5:48 (during the trial run two weeks ago) to 5:26 today - which works out to roughly to a pace of 1 min 30 sec per 400m.
After the run, I still had to go back to the office to work. :(








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home