Monday, May 09, 2005

Busy weekend

I have a splitting headache today. Maybe I didn't get enough rest over the weekend. :(

On Saturday, I met up with some friends at Siloso Beach as usual, and played quite a bit of frisbee and volleyball. It was slightly cloudy in the morning,and the weather was just great for games. I left at around 12:30 pm with two other guys while the rest of the gang elected to stay on and soak up some more sun. After lunch at Harbourfront, I joined Mok at his church in Queenstown and befriended some folks from the Young Adults Ministry there. In the evening, I went with my Rainbow Club team leaders, Mingfa and Poh Lin, on a scheduled visit to a family whose child I am to befriend and look after at Sunshine Camp, which is to be held on 3-5 June this year.


My heart goes out to the young boy whom I am befriending. On Sunday, when I was at the Pasir Ris library, I searched for medical books which described his condition. I was close to tears when I read that children with that particular medical condition don't often live beyond their mid-teens. :( My heart also goes out to his parents who love him dearly and who have sacrificed so much for him throughout the many years. I pray that they will all find healing, peace and joy from God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production