Sunday, April 24, 2005

Beneficiaries-turned-volunteers

From 8:30 am to 5:30 pm today, I attended Rainbow Club's training session for Camp Sunshine at Winsfield Hall. I was assigned to Group 5, and coincidently, Mingfa was the co-leader for my group. That was great because besides him, there were no other familiar faces at the training. But over the course of the day, I made many new friends in my group. We did team-building activities and sat through a presentation on common critical children's illnesses. What struck me most was the fact that some of the former beneficiaries from Camp Sunshine who are now in their teens have returned to the camp to volunteer as befrienders. By the end of the training session, I was feeling slightly sad because I realise that some of these beneficiaries-turned-volunteers, whom I have come to know personally, don't have many years left to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production