Sunday, April 17, 2005

Level 1 Sport Climbing Certification

After several hours of training at Climb Adventure today, I'm now the proud owner of a Level One Sport Climbing Certification Card issued by the Singapore Mountaineering Federation. That is so cool. :)

In the morning, I had met up with some friends of mine at Keppel Towers, where Climb Adventure is located. After the morning's theory course on the top-rope belay system, we proceeded to climb some wall faces, ramps and overhangs. Initially, as my technique wasn't quite correct, I painfully laboured my way way to the top. However, under the patient and humourous guidance of our two instructors, Zan and Ah Ho, the climbing task became much simpler -- although I was also becoming increasingly fatigued from all the climbing. By about 3.30 pm, most of us were taking noticeably longer breaks in-between our climbs :) Our training session ended at around 5 pm with a excellent round of cooling-down stretches.

This is me, reaching the top of the 7m wall.



For dinner, some of my fellow climbers - Lilian, Audrey, Richard, Chee Kong and Yingtat - and I went to Tony Roma's at Suntec City. There, we met up with Wilson, and together, we celebrated my birthday over a sumptous dinner of ribs, chicken wings and fried onions. Well...the celebration was one day early, but hey, who's complaining? :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production