JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge (JPMCCC)
Last year, JPMorgan Chase held its inaugural Corporate Challenge in Singapore. (http://www.jpmorganchasecc.com/events.php?city_id=2) A total of 6,744 competitors from various corporate institutions, companies and organisations showed up for the 5.6-km race. "That's just too many people for such a short route," I thought, and I was right. For quite a while after the flag-off, I could run neither fast nor steadily because I had to be very careful not to bump into the person next to me and not to have him or her step on my foot. It was a long, long race.
This year's challenge will be held on 27th April (WED). It's still the same distance but the organisers are expecting over 8,000 participants...which means it's going to be an even tighter squeeze.
Although I'm dreading the human flood, I've signed up again for the 2005 race, this time as Company Captain. Why? Well, the 2004 JPMCCC was the first event in which I took part as a representative from my current company. During that run, I also got to meet a number of other colleagues who were avid runners. But this year, the 2005 JPMCCC will probably be the last event that I will be taking part in the name of my company. So it's going to be a farewell sort of run.
You see, come July, I'll be leaving for greener pastures where the paycheque is more motivating. But I'm going to miss my running buddies...








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home