Martial Arts Test
Over in a flash. That's all I can say about my martial arts test this evening. In the presence of four judges, I performed my solo routine - kicks, punches, flying kicks, the whole works. In less than a minute, I had reached my final stance, offered a traditional parting greeting to the judges, and then walked out of the exam hall. While my moves and postures were far from perfect, I thought I performed rather splendidly, having neither lost my composure nor was overwhelmed by stage-fright. So I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the silver award. :)
In addition, I feel that tonight was also the evening that my wushu classmates bonded together the best. Among us, we have some really good motivators, which was a great thing for our younger classmates who seemed more nervous than usual and could definitely do with some encouragement and a friendly pat on the back.
Our instructor Wen Yeow mentioned to us last week that he's going to invite us over to his house for dinner some time after our test. That's fantastic! I expect to see all those glorious medals and awards that he had won in various national and international wushu competitions. They must be quite a sight!








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home