Earthquake again in Indonesia!
An earthquake measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale struck sometime within the last twenty-four hours, just south of Banda Aceh. Click here for more details. And this is a picture, showing the recent earthquake activity today. These were taken from the USGS Earthquake Hazards Program.
Am I nervous about my trip to Banda Aceh? I'll be lying if I said I am not. But courage is not about having no fear. It is about facing up to one's fear, and having the guts to do what one feels is the right thing to do. The people of Banda Aceh need assistance, and they face a daily real and persistent threat of death by tremors and waves. I pray my resolve to help and encourage them will strengthen over the next couple of weeks as I continue my preparations for my one-week stay in Banda Aceh in July.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home