Monday, November 21, 2005

Saw a doc and borrowed books on managing stress

This morning, I went to Queenstown Polyclinic. I described my symptoms to the doctor, and he made me do a few squats. He said that for my left foot, while I had a normal foot arch when standing, the arch disappeared (i.e. I became "flat-footed") when my knees were bent. It was peculiar, but not that uncommon. As I could have either a stress fracture or gout, he sent me to Singapore General Hospital for an X-ray, and arranged to test my blood for uric acid levels in the polyclinic itself. The X-rays will only come back in a week's time, while my blood sample requires a fortnight to test. The doctor said I would need to come back again in 2 weeks, and he'll go through the results of both tests with me then. Meanwhile, he advised that I lay off running. He also gave me MC for the whole day. I guess that means marathon's off.

Since I was in the Queenstown area, I decided to go to the library which was next to the polyclinic. I borrowed a couple of books on stress management. Very useful stuff. I hope they help me in my work.

In any case, I had things to do in the office, so I returned to work after lunchtime. I reached home at 10.45 pm. After dinner, I checked my blog, and found 3 comments to my last post. They were posts by my running pals, and I thank them for their thoughtfulness, helpfulness and friendship :)

2 Comments:

At 1:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bro,
i am sure you will be back in good form soon. do take good care and rest well.

 
At 5:19 pm, Blogger Jaime said...

hi chris, do take care! really hope it is not gout.. dun worry too much on the marathon.. tho it is painful to have to let go.. but it is more worthwhile to miss this time then to forsake running forever rite ;) see ya soon! cheer up!! =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production