Sunday, November 13, 2005

SgRunners 3rd Get-Together-Run

I had my lunch at Sakae Sushi @ Changi Airport this afternoon. After that, I was supposed to make my way to Katong Community Centre (KCC) by 3 pm. At 2:30 pm, I was at the taxi stand outside Pasir Ris MRT station, waiting anxiously for a cab to get me there. However, no cab driver seemed to know where KCC was, and so declined to take me as their passenger. It was only after TLR replied to my SMS and said that KCC was along Kampung Arang, that the taxi driver (my fifth!) agreed to take me into his vehicle.

At KCC, I met up with the other
SgRunners, including Balasing, Taz, Tiwazz, Bee, BrokenRunner, TLR, Commando, Pretty, Cheow12, Sanji, DreamRunner, Carine, Meteor, Alvo, DO, Seal, whr, IronmanDreamer, Kops21, run.run.runaway, Bug, Superboy, Novaflux, Cookie, Sumiko, Freddy, Kunadil, Hedgehog and more. We were there to prepare for our 3rd Get-Together-Run, as well as listen to a sharing presentation by Mr Lim Nghee Huat, who finished the 168-km NTU Run-Round Singapore event earlier last month. Uncle Lim talked to us about his training schedule, his training tips and gave us advice on marathon preparations and nutrition. I also took the opportunity (as there was a sale of various running-related merchandise) to buy myself a race-belt. It was a great session. :)

Courtesy of Kops21

BrokenRunner emcee-ing the discussion at Katong Community Centre
(Image courtesy of Kops21)

My $5 race belt

My New Racebelt!


After his talk, Uncle Lim got us to warm up at the ground level of the KCC, before leading us on a short 7~8 km run from KCC to the MacDonalds at East Coast, and then back to KCC again. And surprise, surprise, I met Chee Keong there at ECP as well. We high-fived as we passed back each other. On the whole, today's run was good, slow and easy-going and everyone enjoyed themselves immensely, though I think those of us who ran enjoyed it a bit more than those of us who had volunteered to be traffic marshals along the route. ;)

After our run, we freshened up at KCC and had a short debrief by
TLR. He told us about our plans for the Christmas Run and the SgRunners Chalet for the forthcoming New Year. And in accordance with our glorious SgRunners tradition, we took pictures with our SgRunners banner. Having done all that, we trooped down to a nearby foodcourt for dinner. (Along the way, I ran into a friend with whom I had travelled to Gunung Lambak in March this year.) Cheow12 kindly gave me a ride back home :) Thanks Cheow12!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production