Pilates
This morning, I headed west to Jurong East MRT Station, where Chee Keong and I caught a lift from Chee Kong to go to Ah Khen/Nanyan's house for a Chinese New Year get-together. There were many friends of mine there, including Uncle Low (with daughter), Valerie (with hubby and daughter), Ronnie (with girlfriend), Uncle Lee (with wife and daughter) and many more DSTA folks. Ah Khen/Nanyan's family were extremely hospitable, and fed all of us with lots of delicious dumplings, home-brewed red date tea and popiah.
Later in the afternoon, I stopped over at Clementi Swimming Complex and tried to do some swimming on my own. But to my dismay, I found myself swimming much worse than the last time, and it was demoralising to be overtaken by a group of young kids who were attending a beginners' swimming course there. Such irregularity in my performance is clearly undesirable, but I will improve eventually! :)
An hour later, I was on my way to Bugis California Fitness. I had arranged to meet Choonwei for the 6:10 pm Pilates class. But I arrived at 5 pm, so I started on a light upper body workout first, targetting the chest and biceps. There at the gym, I also bumped into Zac and his lovely other half, and we chatted briefly about the Surf and Sweat event tomorrow. Kellylim22 was also at the gym, where she spent some time running on the treadmill. Later on, she had the personal attention of one of the young, male trainers there, showing her how to use the different machines. ;)
After Choonwei arrived at the gym, changed into his workout attire and did his stretching, the two of us went in for the Pilates class. It was my first time learning Pilates. Gosh, it turned out to be a rigorous abdominal and lower back workout! Among the exercises were Supermans and Stomach Vacuums. I guess I should come for these classes in the next few weeks to really strengthen my core.
Choonwei and Kellylim22 went off for dinner together after our Pilates, but I had to go home because Mum had already cooked my share. Well, I'm looking forward to the next Pilates class!








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home