Monday, January 30, 2006

My first time at the Bugis California Fitness

I headed to Sentosa this morning, and golly, was there a super long queue for the Sentosa shuttle bus! The queue went out of the Bus Interchange, onto the carkpark and went beyond the entrance to the HarbourFront MRT Station. I didn't want to queue up, or squeeze on the bus with anyone, so I decided to walk in to Sentosa instead.

On my way, I met this British tourist, who looked as if he could do with some directions. We chatted briefly, and then I offered to walk with him into Sentosa via the Sentosa Gateway. We talked about the Chinese New Year celebrations in Chinatown, the history of Sentosa, the legend of the Merlion, the great running slopes of Sentosa, his job visa application in South Korea, his recent travels to China, Thailand and Cambodia, and more. After we had laid foot on the resort island, I brought him to Cinemania, where the Flower Spring Festival was held. There, we parted, and I continued on my way, walking to Tanjong Beach to form up with some of the SgRunners.

When I reached the beach, Balasing was in the water with a blue float, acting a turning-point bouy, while Astrogirl, Littlefoot and Tiwazz were swimming laps in the sea. They covered about 600m each. Then, the three swimmers got out of the water, and together with Balasing, went on a 5-km run while I looked after their bags. I didn't get as much of a tan as I would have liked, but it's ok. I took some time to practice my splits...not successfully. Later on, the five of us had lunch at New York Pizza at HarbourFront.


On Tanjong Beach. (Image courtesy of Balasing)


We went our separate ways at 2:45 pm, with I going down to Bugis California Fitness to meet up with Choonwei and Kellylim22, who were attending the 2:30 pm Spin classes there. It was my first time at the Bugis branch, and I must say, the staff there provide excellent and very friendly service. There, I also ran into Chelvin, a classmate of mine from JC. She's in stunning shape, and I was surprised she signed on to a Personal Trainer package. She didn't look like she needed it!

I also took the opportunity to do a Body Composition Analysis, and while the results were hardly spectacular, I bet they were better than those of the average Singaporean. ;) Kellylim22 also did a test too!

Here are my test results:

BODY COMPOSITION

  • 53.0 kg body weight
  • 43.4 kg muscle mass (81.9% body weight)
  • 6.5 kg fat mass (12.3% body weight)
  • 3.06 kg bone mass (6% body weight; the value was too low and hence was a cause for concern.)
FLUID DIAGNOSIS (all my segmental fluid distribution readings in this section were about 100%, but I was told that I needed to increase them to hit 120%)

  • Right Arm: 1.99
  • Left Arm: 1.97
  • Trunk: 16.5
  • Right Leg: 5.48
  • Left Leg: 5.47
EVALUATION

  • Muscle Type: Proportionate (in between sarcopenic/loose and muscular/toned)
  • Nutrition Status: Normal levels for protein, fat and mineral
  • Upper/Lower Balance: Normal
  • Right/Left Balance: Normal
  • Fitness Score: 77%
My response to the above test? First, I need to increase my bone mass to 5 kg. And that means drinking more milk, or taking calcium supplements. Second, I am fatter than I would like. I want to cut my body fat percentage down to 8-9% by reducing it to 5 kg. Third, I want to increase my muscle mass to 48 kg. So that's more cardiovascular activities, e.g. running, and more weight training (with renewed emphasis on quadriceps, hamstrings and calves training).

Are my goals achievable? Well, I'll never know if I never try! :)

4 Comments:

At 9:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

halo halo

haha nice to meet u

shit im heavier then you...that can only mean i fatter!l

need to run more!!!! haha

cw

 
At 11:03 pm, Blogger Renohtaram said...

Choonwei, you could have more muscle mass, that's why you're heavier! :)

 
At 10:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah looking at me do you i think more muscle mass?

 
At 10:34 pm, Blogger Renohtaram said...

ah well, we could all do with more muscle and less fat. all of us. ;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production