Sunday, January 15, 2006

Proposed running route(s) for the next BG Run

If I'm going to lead the way for the next Botanic Gardens run, then here's my proposed running route(s).

For the shorter route, I think we can start from Evans Rd (SMU), go into the Botanic Gardens, exit at Holland Rd, go up Minden Road (great slope!), into Loewen Rd and Ridley Pk Rd (past the 双天至尊 house), then down Tanglin Road, past Tanglin Mall, then along Orchard Rd all the way until we reach the Istana, then turn into Cavenagh Rd, then Clemenceau Ave North, past Newton MRT station, onto Bukit Timah Road until we get back to SMU. That's going to be 11.2 km (route A below).


Route A


For the more adventurous, after completing the 11.2 km, I propose an additional 4.5 km hilly route from SMU down Cluny Rd, then turn into Tanglin Rd and then turn again into Nassim Rd (3 great slopes!) until we hit Evans Rd and get back to SMU. This longer route will hence be 15.7 km (route B) and is shown below.


Route B


How about that? :)

3 Comments:

At 9:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

renoh....

got slopes....
solid.... :)
looking forward for this run ....

 
At 1:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude...i m itching for a run, my recovery is going well.

Soon, I will be back on the bike, back to the swim & back to the next Botanical Gardens run which you will lead.

Looking forward to the run!!

Take care & c u ard!!
Cheers!!!

Superboy

 
At 2:59 pm, Blogger mis_nomer said...

What a lovely map. I've never run on Ridley Pk Rd before. It looks like a great route. Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production