Saturday, January 14, 2006

I was swimming when it came off

Time: 9:45 am. Venue: Mt Faber SAFRA. I changed into my swimming gear, locked my stuff in a locker, and leapt into the cold, cold waters of the SAFRA learners pool. There were other people in the piscina with me, mostly children and their instructors. There was also a row of motionless bronzed men and women reclining in deck chairs along the poolside. I worked on my breaststroke, consciously reminding myself of Tiwazz's advice of the 4-second rule. I still didn't quite get my kicks right, so it took me nearly forever to swim across the breadth of the pool, but at least I managed to do so without being as breathless as I was in the past. Good, that meant progress.

At about 10:15 am, I realised that the water-proof plaster on my wound had slipped off, exposing the pinkish-red sliver of raw flesh in my thigh to rather unhygienic fluid. I tried in vain to search for the plaster in the pool, but I couldn't find it. I thought to myself: Continue swimming, or quickly dash to the shower-room and try to wash the wound with the less germ-infected water from the tap? What the heck, I continued swimming.

When it was 12:10 pm, I got out of the pool. Although the water was beginning to be heated up by the midday sun, I was shivering to the bone. I washed up -- carefully, not wanting to tear off the fragile skin around my wound -- and quickly made my way to Bukit Merah to meet up with Balasing and Tiwazz for lunch.

I ordered a plate of prawn noodles and another plate of nasi lemak. Yes, I was hungry. :) Tiwazz, Balasing and I chatted as we ate, discussing board games, blogs, girlfriends and, of course, running. As Balasing had arranged to play pool with his buddies at Paradiz Centre later in the afternoon, we ended lunch at around 2:20 pm. Tiwazz was headed for Gombak Clubfit gym for leg and abs training. As for me, my eyes were tearing and my nose was running badly. I must have caught a cold while I was swimming. So I headed home, downed a packet of Lemsip, then started to surf the net. But right now, I feel like lying down in bed to rest. So here ends my blog entry for today.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 am, Blogger Janice_O said...

hey, i suppose swimming is a great way to build up your fitness in a less high-intesity way. keep it up but dun forget to secure the plaster next time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production