A-Grade Saturday
It was drizzling this morning, but by the time I reached Bouna Vista Swimming Complex at nine, the rain had stopped although the skies remained darkcast. Balasing and Tiwazz had not yet arrived, so I went into the pool first. I tried to swim, but realised that I was no longer confident in the water. I found myself panicking easily, and dared not move more than 3 to 4 strokes without having to stop and stand up (while the pool was still shallow).
By about 10 am, Balasing and Tiwazz had joined me at the pool. They had also brought along their training floats. With these two buddies in the water, I somehow felt more confident in the water. I still swam rather lousily, but managed at least to swim across the breadth of the pool once by the time we finished swimming.
It was noon when we got to Settler's Cafe. Littlefoot joined us at 12:30 pm. The four of us ordered the same four set lunches - spaghetti and meatballs! -, and started to play the four-person game, Blokus (click here for the game description). Astrogirl arrived during our second round of Blockus. With five persons at the table, we decided to play Galloping Pigs (click here for the game description) instead, and after that, Munchkin, (click here for the game description) an extremely complicated game to learn. But Munchkin was really rather enjoyable once we had gotten the hang of it. :) Tiwazz and I paired up against Astrogirl and the Balasing-Littlefoot pair. For the strangest of reasons, Tiwazz and I kept on drawing the CURSE cards from the deck and kept having to fight ultra-high level monsters, whereas Astrogirl and the Balasing-Littlefoot duo kept on getting TREASURE cards and fought easy-to-kill monsters. :P

Some of the games which we played at Settler's Cafe (Photo courtesy of Balasing)
After 3 hours of gaming, we left for the Windmill for some drinks. There, we chatted about swimming in the open sea, training for the biathlon, tomorrow's Botanic Gardens run, NS training in the good old days, and many topics more. We left for our separate ways at around 6 pm.
Another A-grade Saturday. Splendid. :)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home