Friday, December 30, 2005

"Do you have diabetes?"

Yet again, I've been asked that question. This morning, I was back in the hospital for another round of dressing treatment. This is my third session at the hospital, and I've been served by a different nurse each time.

Today's nurse asked me when I had gone for operation. I told her the date. She was quite surprised, and wondered why my wound has not yet healed. The nurses who had treated me the first and second times overheard our conversation, and chipped in their comments of bewilderment too. "What, you are still coming back for dressing treatment?" "I thought you should have recovered by now?" "The skin hasn't grown yet?" "Why is the flesh yellowish in colour?" And then, one of them asked, "Do you have diabetes?"

Sigh, I told them I was tested for it soon after my operation, as the doctor wanted to find out why the infection on my thigh had gone SO wrong. But the test result was negative. I do not have diabetes.

After today, I wonder if I'm suffering from anything else.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there ..I happen to register on sgrunner website and come across ur blog. I just had my operation and mum forbid me to eat many types of food (for 100 days) cos she believe those food will hinder the recovery of the wound. There are too mny forbidden food to name. In short, I am only allowed to eat roasted pork rice with no gravy if I eat out in the hwker. In the restaurant , only the fish dish such as fish and chips, salmon or cod fish. Nuts in general is ok but NO peanuts! If you want a faster recovery of your wounds, ask ur mom to brew u san yu soup. If you need more infor, you can contact me on SGRunner. My nick is bodycompact. Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production