This was supposed to be the season to be jolly
I just chatted briefly with Chris Ang over MSN. He's warded in the hospital right now, after having undergone a long-overdue operation on his knee earlier today. But he said he would be discharged by tomorrow and would report straight to work. Hopefully, the operation will mend his problematic knee once and for all, and he'll soon be able to enjoy all his favourite sports without pain in the future. I wish him all the best in his recovery.
Of late, it seems that many of my relatives too have been in hospital. One of my paternal uncles was warded a week before I was, after being bitten in his garden by a rat which refused to open its mouth after it had sunk its teeth into my uncle's finger. Around the same time, one of my maternal uncles fell off a ladder in his workshop, and injured himself quite badly too. Two days ago, another maternal uncle suffered a stroke and collapsed in an elevator near his home. He is now still in hospital, and my aunt, who isn't in very good health herself, is visibly worn out by the whole ordeal. *sigh*
In this month of December, some of the other SgRunners too have been going to the hospital to visit their beloved family members -- but for their privacy, I shan't mention any names here. I just want to say that I'm fervently praying for the recovery of their loved ones, as well as for the recovery of the members of my whole extended family.
I'm sorry that all these had to happen near Christmas. We were all supposed to be happy and enjoy the festive season, and not spend our time grimacing in pain, lying on hospital beds or being worried sick for our loved ones.








1 Comments:
Thanks for the well wishes. You too have a speedy recovery. Let's catch up soon. TA!
Post a Comment
<< Home