Saturday, January 21, 2006

Miffed

I had a really lousy week, which ended with an overtime on Friday that dragged into 1:15 am of Saturday morning. I had originally planned to meet Wenpin, Wei Hsiung, Zacky, Mingwei and Marcus at 8 pm at Borders. But I had a bad feeling that my Friday evening plans would be dashed when a meeting was called for at 6:30 pm...which was past the official Friday working hour of 5:30 pm, mind you.

At first, I tried to think positive...it was only 6:30 pm and the meeting was meant to discuss 15 powerpoint slides for a presentation that was supposed to last 10 minutes. I chuckled to myself...how long could this meeting last, right? WELL, it ended at 9:15 pm. It took us almost 3 hours to go through a 10-minute presentation. AND after which, I was dished more work to do that was due on Monday morning. I neither had the time nor the mood to join my friends at Borders anymore. I spent the rest of the night and the early morning in the office, working away and feeling miffed. By the time I packed up to go home, there was still a colleague of mine in her cubicle, typing away and staring hard at her PC screen, her eyes all red and tired. I wondered aloud why we had to work like slaves.

Today, when I got up, the first thing I did was to switch on my PC and do work from home. It's really a horrid feeling, especially since I had wanted to go swimming with my buddies in the morning. But here I was, in my room, working. I finished what I had to do at 11:30 am, and then started to blog.

I haven't really looked through my personal emails over the week, and much to my regret, I could only respond to some important personal emails with curt, one-liner phrases because I simply didn't have the luxury of time to type out a proper reply. I haven't blogged at all either, nor kept up with the SgRunners forum. Up until yesterday night, I was still totally clueless about what the details were for this afternoon's beach outing and chalet. Sigh.

I hope my mood improves over this weekend. It is miserable for me to feel so frustrated, and I don't think my friends appreciate a glum-faced me either.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

renoh,
it seems ur workload not going to ease off soon,do take care,have plenty of rest during weekends!
daisiki

 
At 12:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheer up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production