Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday Shopping

I woke up too late to join the SgRunners for the Queensway run. But I did go over to Alexandra Village at 11 am, where they had stopped for their post-run laksa brunch. After a brief chat, some of them went home, while Bee, Cokiee, Tiwazz, Balasing, Littlefoot, BrokenRunner, Run.run.run.away and I went to Queensway Shopping Centre to look at some sports equipment. In the end, the ladies did most of the shopping, buying running singlets and things like that, while the guys just sat around and waited :)

After that, Tiwazz started to "jio jio" Bee to go to Beach Road to buy a Fuelbelt. Itching to have a Fuelbelt myself, I conveniently offered to go with them too :) So Tiwazz, Bee, Balasing and I took the MRT down to Lavender, and walked over to the shop in Beach Road which, according to Tiwazz, sold the Fuelbelts at a good price.

Unfortunately, the shop only had one "M" size of the new Fuelbelt model, and one "S" size of the old model. "S"-size is for 27-29 inch waists, which is fine by me because I'm a 28-incher. But that particular "S"-sized Fuelbelt looked really faded and aged (nothing to do with the fact that it was an old design...just that sections of it were already fraying!) and when I pressed the shopkeeper for a discount, he cut the price from $69 to...$68. Just a dollar. =P The "M"-sized Fuelbelt was going for $74, but I reckoned he would not reduce the price by much either. I didn't buy any Fuelbelts from him in the end. Bee also didn't buy any because she wanted to try the "XS", but the shopkeeper had no stock.

Following that, the four of us went over to a nearby hawker centre for drinks. We chatted about triceps, chin-ups, biathlons and trapping water. At 2:20 pm, I made a move because I needed to go to my brother TK's house in Boon Lay.

I arrived at his apartment at 3:30 pm. Mum and Dad were already there, and my sis-in-law brought out the birthday cake for my brother. It was his 29th birthday today. :) Happy birthday!

Later on, when we left, Mum decided to go home first, while Dad and I chose to head down to Jurong Point (and afterwards to Funan Centre) to look at a particular Acer PC which Dad wanted to purchase. When we were in Funan, I couldn't resist popping by Running Labs. And there, I chanced upon the new model Fuelbelt, which was selling for $77. After enjoying a 10% discount for being a SAFRA member, I only paid $69 for it. It's a much better deal than Beach Road! :) And it really made my day!



My FuelBelt


To end off the evening, I went down to California Fitness for some weight training for the pecs and biceps. When my right thigh gets better in the next couple of weeks, I should be able to resume my leg training too, such as squats, leg extensions and leg curls. Can't wait for that. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production