Run, run, run :D
Here's an update on my runs this week.
On Tuesday, I went for an evening run around my workplace. I did the usual route from Minden Rd-Harding Rd-Loewen Rd-Ridley Pk Rd-Tanglin Rd-Nassim Rd-Botanic Gardens-Minden Rd (Route A). That's about 6.6 km, according to Google Earth. I took 37 min to run that.

Route A
After a short water break, I went on a shorter second leg, from Minden Rd-Harding Rd-Loewen Rd-Ridley Pk Rd-Tanglin Rd-Napier Rd-Minden Rd (Route B). That was about 3.4 km. In total, I covered 10 km.

Route B
Today, at about 1:30 pm, I went to Mt Faber SAFRA for a swim. There weren't many other people there, so I effectively had the Learners' Pool all to myself. I think I'm getting the hang of swimming. I did 20 laps across the breadth of the pool. Slow I may be, but finished my target of 20 laps I did. :)
After that, I took the bus down to Sentosa, and headed for Tanjong Beach. There, I met Run.run.run.away, Tiwazz, Littlefoot and Balasing. Tiwazz and Littlefoot were training in the open sea in preparation for the Singapore Biathlon, while Balasing had volunteered to help film Tiwazz's swimming strokes using his video-cam. Run.run.run.away had initially planned to sun-tan, but no one had brought along any groundsheet or mat. :D So in the end, she also joined the rest in the water. I stayed comfortably dry further up the beach.

From L-R: Run.run.run.away, Tiwazz and Reno
At around 5 pm, I bade them farewell, packed my shirt and sandals into my bag, changed into my shoes, and ran from Tanjong Beach to the Costa Sands Resort at Siloso Beach to meet up with my other friends who had booked a chalet there for a BBQ this evening. The route I ran (Route C) was about 2.3 km long. It was rather difficult running with a backpack, but I managed it nonetheless.

Route C
At the resort, I swam some more, played a little beach volleyball and later on, feasted on satay, otah, chicken wings and other sinful but delicious food items during the BBQ. I appreciated the opportunity to meet up with friends like Freddy, Chee Keong, Weisin, Chee Kong, Ming Jern, Johnson, Yingrui, Aubrey (and wife), Jave, Zac (and girlfriend), Wilson, Chris Ang, Li Lian, Joseph, Jason and Kenny (and girlfriend). We also celebrated the birthdays of our three January babies, Ming Jern, Chee Kong and Johnson. Coincidentally, Sumiko, a very good runner whom I met the last time at the Lim Nghee Huat run, was celebrating her birthday at the BBQ pit next to ours :o)
I left the chalet at 11:00 pm, catching a ride to the MRT station from Joseph. Thanks, bro!








2 Comments:
Sumiko?! Such coincidence!
pssttt renoh...
"run, run, run :D " ...
anything to do wif "run3" or not har..
hey...
the FB was a good buy...
enjoy using it...
its X ...but well worth the money...:)
Post a Comment
<< Home