Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My first 25 meters

Last night, Astrogirl held an overnight games party at her house. Run.run.runaway, Tiwazz, Littlefoot, Balasing, Taz and some others went over for it, but I was stuck at home, working on my report. Later on, Chee Kong asked if I wanted to go out for a late-night movie. I had to turn him down too. :(

But today, things were much better. I met up with Run.run.runaway, Tiwazz, Littlefoot, Balasing, Taz at Clementi Pool for a morning swim. There is a shallow pool (about a metre deep) there that is 25m in length, which allowed me to practise my strokes over a longer distance, as compared to the shorter Mt Faber SAFRA learners' pool. I completed a few laps to-and-fro satisfactorily (by my own standards). Littlefoot said I could improve on getting my motion more streamlined like an "arrow", by keeping my head under the water when I kicked. He also said that I should focus on my gliding motion. Tiwazz recommended that I breathe out through my nostrils rather than my mouth, and reminded me of the four-second rule. Taz showed me how to glide, but I did not succeed in copying him.

Ah well, in good time, I shall improve! And then I'll be revving up my swimming training to prepare for a biathlon. :)

3 Comments:

At 7:10 pm, Blogger Janice_O said...

jia you! all the best for your swim training :)

 
At 11:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

renoh...

u swam well tolay...
keep it up... :)

 
At 3:42 pm, Blogger Muggs said...

great to hear that you are making improvements

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production