Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sunrise Run

When my alarm clock rang at 5:15 am this morning, I really dreaded getting out of bed. I had only just crawled under my blankets at 2 am, and I wanted to get some quality rest after a hectic week at the office.

But I dragged myself out of bed nevertheless, because I had arranged to meet some other SgRunners for the Sunrise Run @ Tanjong Pagar. It was a very enjoyable run, attended by Meteor, Alvo, Tiwazz, SportsVenturer, Cyberkinetic, Kickjazz, sxuanjing, Choonwei,T@z, Run3 and me. With Meteor leading the run, we started at 6:40 am from outside Wallich Building, and then went towards Marina Bay until we reached the Sundial at the end of Marina Park. After a brief stop for photos, we continued our way up the East Coast Parkway, where we waited for the brilliant golden globe to rise above the clouds in the horizon. It was beautiful.

After even more photo-taking, we ran along the rest of the East Coast Parkway, did a turn into Esplanade Park, then progressed along Raffles Quay past Lau Pa Sat, SGX Centre and DBS Building before doing a final turn at Maxwell Rd back to Wallich Building.

We washed up and had some brunch at Tanjong Pagar Plaza, where we bumped in Ronnie who lived in the area and was ta-powing some breakfast for himself and his mum. I had a $2 plate of nasi lemak, which wasn't all that tasty but filling nevertheless. Afterwards, Run3, Choonwei and SportsVenturer decided to go for a swim at Jalan Besar Swimming Complex, while Cyberkinetic, Tiwazz, Meteor, Alvo and I headed for Planet Fitness @ Suntec. For me, it was weight-training, then core-balance training under Pilates Master Tiwazz, and finally a short session in the sauna. Nice...

Meteor mentioned to me something about a song by Steven Curtis Chapman, entitled "I'll be here". The title sounds vaguely familiar, and I'm intrigued to get my hands on it. Chapman is my FAVOURITE artiste. He's a really annointed Christian contemporary musician, excellent guitar-strumming, country-style flavour, and his songs have never failed to minister to me.

On the whole, I thought the morning was rather well-spent but the heat of the day, especially towards the later half of the afternoon, was simply unbearable. For the rest of today, I plan to watch a DVD (Gosford Park), catch a quick nap and work on my report.

Tomorrow is the SAFRA/Navy Biathlon at East Coast Park. I'm not taking part, but will be turning up to show my support for the competitors. :)


2 Comments:

At 10:55 pm, Blogger mis_nomer said...

You guys very zai. Isn't "I'll be here" a wedding song? Or is that "I'll be there"?

 
At 12:11 am, Blogger Renohtaram said...

The song is "I will be here" by Steven Curtis Chapman in "Greatest Hits". I have the CD. :D

SCC is such an excellent singer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production