Running at Fort Canning
Today, I went for a run with the Mt Faber SAFRA Running Club. The plan: to get from the Clubhouse to Fort Canning to Marina Promenade and back.
There was a good turnout: Kumaran, Colleen, Chua, Ong, CheeryRunner, Derrick, Jimmy, Wong, Eng Hwa, DiverRunner, Alan Chao etc. And because CheeryRunner did her Lasik last week, she would be running without her glasses this morning. :) Nice!
I was probably the most over-prepared runner, with fuelbelt and all, but hey, it was my first long run since the KLIM, and I didn't know if I could last the distance given my low mileage over the past two weeks.
We started at 8:00 am from MF Safra Clubhouse, and went to Tiong Bahru Park, and from there to Havelock Road until we eventually reached Fort Canning Hill. Ong made us do two rounds around the top of the hill which was quite a challenge. By this time, I was still going strong, and managed to keep up a decent pace.
From Fort Canning, we went onto Esplanade and from there to the end of the Marina Promenade. Soon after the turning point, about 15 km, I suddenly felt very tired, and felt as if I couldn't continue any longer. I guess it's probably because I slept late the night before (thanks to office work brought home). Even a power-gel didn't help at that point. But Colleen and Chua were great; they slowed down to my pace and encouraged me to go on.
But by the time we reached Havelock Road, I really had to just walk. Lifting my legs to jog was just too exhausting. Colleen and Chua kindly accompanied me on my slow walk back to SAFRA. Thanks, my friends!

The distance covered in total was 20.4 km, and I took a horrific 2.5 hours to complete it. :( Ah well...
For lunch, I had fresh lime juice, mango-lychee dessert and a bowl of fish-ball soup. Chairman joined us for lunch, which was great! I haven't seen him in ages.
There was a good turnout: Kumaran, Colleen, Chua, Ong, CheeryRunner, Derrick, Jimmy, Wong, Eng Hwa, DiverRunner, Alan Chao etc. And because CheeryRunner did her Lasik last week, she would be running without her glasses this morning. :) Nice!
I was probably the most over-prepared runner, with fuelbelt and all, but hey, it was my first long run since the KLIM, and I didn't know if I could last the distance given my low mileage over the past two weeks.
We started at 8:00 am from MF Safra Clubhouse, and went to Tiong Bahru Park, and from there to Havelock Road until we eventually reached Fort Canning Hill. Ong made us do two rounds around the top of the hill which was quite a challenge. By this time, I was still going strong, and managed to keep up a decent pace.
From Fort Canning, we went onto Esplanade and from there to the end of the Marina Promenade. Soon after the turning point, about 15 km, I suddenly felt very tired, and felt as if I couldn't continue any longer. I guess it's probably because I slept late the night before (thanks to office work brought home). Even a power-gel didn't help at that point. But Colleen and Chua were great; they slowed down to my pace and encouraged me to go on.
But by the time we reached Havelock Road, I really had to just walk. Lifting my legs to jog was just too exhausting. Colleen and Chua kindly accompanied me on my slow walk back to SAFRA. Thanks, my friends!

The distance covered in total was 20.4 km, and I took a horrific 2.5 hours to complete it. :( Ah well...
For lunch, I had fresh lime juice, mango-lychee dessert and a bowl of fish-ball soup. Chairman joined us for lunch, which was great! I haven't seen him in ages.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home