Corrida del Jardín Botánico - El Añillo de Aragorn
Didn't really get to sleep much last night...couldn't put the enchantingly haunting voice of Gayatri Joshi singing Saanwariya Saanwariya out of my head and that kept me up most of the night ;)
Nevertheless, went out in the morning for a run today with Joao_Li and Bose. We three ran the Aragorn Ring (23 km) route which I had initially planned for the October BG Run.
About 4 km into the route, I started to experience a sharp pain in my right foot as I pronoted it. I had first felt this pain at this particular location in my foot during a run last week -- during that run, I had improperly attached my footpod to my shoe, and so whenever I pronoted my foot as I ran, the top of my foot would press against the hard tongue of the footpod. At the start, it was slightly uncomfortable but I chose to ignore the discomfort...until it became really painful and I had to hobble back. Thankfully, there was just 500m left on the route.
But today, oh the pain! It felt as if that particular point on my foot was on fire as I pronoted it. It was a localised, burning sensation. =( I removed my footpod which alleviated the pain somewhat, but the pain remained whenever the top of my foot pressed against the tongue of my shoe. And so, I loosed the lace of my right shoe as well, which gave my foot more space to move. And that helped a bit too.
I honestly didn't know if I could complete the 23 km. :P But it's in situations like this when group motivation helps. Joao_Li and Bose were running strongly ahead and I just pysched myself to follow behind them.
And so, we managed to reach all our different checkpoints - Ngee Ann Poly, Bouna Vista MRT, Holland Village, Gleneagles Hospital, Istana, Newton MRT Station and back to SMU. Total distance - 23 km in 2 hr 25 min. I think that's not bad at all :)
Went for brunch with Joao_Li and Bose at Adam Road Food Centre. I didn't have the appetite to eat, so I just had a cup of iced Milo (extra sweet! =p) and a cup of teh tarik. Shiok! But pity the two fruit juice drink stalls were closed... :(
Got home at around 11 am. Showered, and then applied quite a bit of Tiger Balm onto my right foot. Hope that will help the healing process...









5 Comments:
oops, hope u r alright!
take care yeah! :)
Oh, hope that it's get better soon !
Really salute you that you can still complete 23km with your foot pain. Thanks for the run yesterday. Take good care of your foot. Cheers!
hey renoh, hope the pain @ ur right foot will ease soon! maybe u wanna try icing it? take care!
Seems to hear of a lot of injuries during this period... please take extra care!!! 8(
Post a Comment
<< Home