Saturday, November 17, 2007

Shoes and running

I bought two new pairs of shoes from ASO (阿瘦皮鞋) yesterday. It was the retail shop's 55th anniversary sale, and I got an average discount of about 25% on my purchases. The first was a pair of classic-style dark brown leather shoes to replace my current pair which, for reasons unbeknownst to me, wore out very quickly on this Ilha Formosa. The second pair were sneakers, my very first pair of sneakers :D I figured that I needed some footwear to match my casuals; I can't be wearing my running shoes all the time, can I? :D

This evening, I went for a jog with 保良, 士哲 and 信初 around Da'an Linsen Park (大安林森公園). We started from Roosevelt Road Section 3 (羅斯福路三段), cut across National Taiwan University (台灣國立大學), went down some alleys until we reached the park where we did three laps of about 2 km each. Then, we headed back to the starting point. It was great fun having some company to run with! :) The whole exercise took us about 55 minutes, and judging from our pace, I reckoned we covered around 8 km. Now that I've covered this distance, I'm feeling slightly more confident about finishing the 9-km competitive event in the December 2007 ING Taipei Marathon.

I had dinner with my fellow runners and some other folks from church, and then got back to Lingguang Station after a rather circuitous and long Metro ride. I stopped by the supermart to purchase bottles of isotonic drinks (can't survive without them if I'm going to run regularly!) as well as fruit juice, yoghurt and almond jelly dessert. It's amazing how my craving for sweet things balloons after a run :D

By the way, the weather's getting cold in Taipei. The weatherman said that the temperature tonight would dip to 17 degrees Celcius when the cold front hits northern Taiwan. It could get colder still. I will probably buy a jacket by the next weekend. I can feel my wallet loosing weight rather quickly, heh heh.

======================================
Update as of 18 November 2007, 2355 hours

Just thought I should pen down this piece of Scripture that was discussed on Saturday because it really made me think (emphasis mine).

But Joseph said to [his brothers], "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.
~ Genesis 50:19-21

======================================
Update as of 19 November 2007, 2355 hours

I am registered for the 2007 Taipei 101 Run Up! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production