Saturday, May 09, 2009

NightHawk

I took part in Operation Nighthawk last night at East Coast Park. It was a terribly hot evening, but many runners had turned up anyway to run a selection of 15 km, 26 km and 30 km routes. I opted for the 15 km route, since I knew I was hardly in good shape and didn't want to hold up the faster 26-km and 30-km runners. I half expected them to finish their long runs before I came back from my 15 km!

We were set off in batches at around 1030 hrs. The forward journey was rather good. I kept up a relatively steady and brisk pace, and was among the first few 15-km runners to reach the turning point at Bedok Town Park (about 8.3 km from the starting point), getting there about 48 mins into the run. I then rested for about 16 mins, before setting back on the return leg which took a long and dreary 1 hr 3 mins. I was sweating like a waterfall and my pace slowed down to a jog-walk by the time I completed the distance.

I had expected to cover 15 km in about 1 hr 45, but I clocked 2 hr 8 min for a distance of 16.6 km, inclusive of resting time. I wouldn't minus off the resting time from my total time, because I would have run even worse without the rest break!

After getting back to the start point, I did some stretching and replenished lost fluids with ice-cold isotonic drinks and waited for the 26-km and 30-km runners to come back. It was around 3 am in the morning before I hitched a ride in BoSe's car back home. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production