Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Island

This morning, I went to California Fitness (Orchard) for my legs workout. After sixteen sets of squats, hack squats, leg curls and leg extensions, I could barely walk! :P But somehow, I managed to make my way out of the gym, grabbed lunch and then headed down to the library in Takashimaya where I spent about three hours reading.

Then, at around 4 pm, I popped back into the gym for an 11-km run on the treadmill. It took me 58 minutes and 40 seconds to complete the distance - slower than I had hoped for, but still a decent performance nonetheless.

In the evening, I met up with Peggy for dinner at Yoshinoya, and then watched "The Island" with her at Orchard Cineleisure. Throughout the movie, I was feeling warm all over. Perhaps my body was still recovering from the physical exertions of my run earlier in the day. The fact that the film was packed with scenes of Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson dashing all over the place to escape from the people trying to kill them didn't exactly help to lower my adrenaline levels either. :) But I must say, the movie was extremely thrilling, with exciting car-chases and helicopter-pursuits strategically played out along a very thought-provoking storyline. :) Overall, I'll give it a score of 3.5 out of 5.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 am, Blogger Fd said...

i wud actually give 'the island' slightly more. 4 over 5. quite sad also. got me thinking. scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production