New Balance Real Run 2005
(Pictures courtesy of Sgrunners.com)
Sgrunners after our New Balance Real Run!
Sgrunners posing outside Cinemania with our own Sgrunner.com banner! :)
And as for the run, it was great, despite the dreadful heat. I thought I handled the sandy sections rather well, because I managed to resist the urge to walk. :) In total, my Polar RS200sd measured a total distance of 10.11 km. ;) Hmmm, that's an error of only ~1% (assuming the route was indeed 10 km), so I must say my HRM is fairly accurate!
And good news, Carine came in 13th in the Women's Open, so "CONGRATULATIONS Carine!" :)
This year, I felt that the organisation was a dramatic improvement from last year's. The goodie bag distribution was more efficient, and the drink stalls were also positioned in a more strategic location. Kudos to the organisers for a job well done!
While I was there, I also met the runners from my former workplace: Wilson, Chee Keong, Chee Kong, Zac, Cally, Bernard, Yeow Hin, Chung Kiat, Ming Jern, Jeremy and Jialing. Apparently Chris Ang also ran (despite having told me on the previous night that he wasn't because of his bad knee), but I didn't see him.
Later on, I joined Balasing, Skyvers and his friend for lunch at Pastamania in HarbourFront. Their company was very enjoyable. We chatted about this amazing guy that ran 11 rounds of 10 km in 12 hours, as well as the upcoming Mizuno Wave Run and the Army Half Marathon. After our meal, we went off on our separate ways, but I suspect we'll all be in bed sometime this afternoon. ;) It had been a strenuous day :)
Anyway, my performance statistics for this race:
Lap 1 (First 5 km)
Time taken: 24 min 32 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 205/186
Average Pace: 4 min 52 sec / km
Lap 2 (Beach Sections - 2 km)
Time taken: 12 min 02 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 198/192
Average Pace: 6 min 15 sec / km
Lap 3 (Last 3 km)
Time taken: 18 min 06 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 194/187
Average Pace: 5 min 44 sec / km
Total:
Time: 54 min 40 sec
Distance: 10.1 km
Average Heart Rate (bpm): 189








2 Comments:
wow...that's fast :)
I din take my lap time...but my heart rate is a lot lower...hehe...am i slacking??? ;)
No, how can the Great Penguin be slacking? :) It's just that I have a high heart rate...(but don't ask me why...*lol*)
Post a Comment
<< Home