2nd Mizuno Wave Run today!
Today was a good day. Thanks to Ironmandreamer who gave me a lift, I got to Kovan on time in the morning, ran a good 2nd Mizuno Wave Run and met up with both the Sgrunners (and got to make new friends such as sxuanjing, cheow12 and fastlane) as well as my former colleagues, including Chee Yong, Chee Kong, Chee Keong, Ming Jern and Chris Ang. I also bumped into Paul, a fellow befriender from Club Rainbow. The feeling of recognising participants as my buddies during such races is just so awesome! :)

Picture of sgunners at the 2nd Mizuno Wave Run, courtesy of BrokenRunner
Also, my heartiest congratulations go out to Carine, who bagged the 10th position medal for the Women's Open, her second medal in as many weeks! :) Well done!
After lunch, I took the MRT back with Philip. We chatted about fartlek training, heart rates and Lance Armstrong. He suggested that I consider doing interval training, starting with 4 x 800m runs at 85% maximum HR, with rest periods in between which are as long as necessary for my HR to drop to 60%. It sounds painful, but if I want to improve my performance, I might have to give it a shot.
Anyway, here are my performance stats for today (my heart rate is slightly lower today, compared to during the Real Run):
Lap 1 (From start until turning point ~ 4.9 km)
Time taken: 23 min 46 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 194/183
Average Pace: 4 min 51 sec / km
Lap 2 (From turning point until traffic light ~ 3.3 km)
Time taken: 17 min 35 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 197/186
Average Pace: 5 min 18 sec / km
Lap 3 (Last 1.9 km)
Time taken: 11 min 14 sec
Maximum/Average Heart Rate (bpm): 190/183
Average Pace: 6 min 00 sec / km
Total
Time: 52 min 40 sec
Distance: 10.1 km
Average Heart Rate (bpm): 184
Average Pace: 5 min 13 sec / km
Calories Expended: 749 kcal









2 Comments:
Great run today!!
That's a pretty good timing!!
2 runs down..
AHM is the next up!!
:) nice to meet u too..
hopefully will c u at some of the safra runs .. have fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home