Saturday, September 03, 2005

At MF SAFRA

I arrived at Mount Faber SAFRA at 10 am today for the Army Half Marathon Race Pack collection. Besides receiving my race bib (#5004) and race voucher, I also picked up the event T-shirt. This year's tee was woven from a comfortable dri-fit material, but it was much larger than I had expected. I guess the sizes took reference from the Americans or the Europeans. I wonder why the organisers of Singapore races do not tailor such event tees to the physical statures of our own local population when we make up the majority of the participants. :(

In any case, after that, I also paid the membership fees to join the SAFRA Running Club. That was really cool and exciting! :) Afterwards, I spent about an hour and a half in the SAFRA pool, trying to teach myself how to swim. Although success was extremely limited (and thus, it would be a much longer time before I can be ready for a biathlon), I had a good time nonetheless and got myself a slightly sun-kissed tan, which was always welcomed. :)

1 Comments:

At 9:48 pm, Blogger The DreamRunner said...

Chris,

great to hear that u have signed up with SAFRA Running Club...

Looking forward to have u join in for more of the runs.

Do get yourself registered into the mfrunners forum (with Jaime)..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production