Sentosa
Last night, I was deliberating over today's Sunday morning run. I didn't know whether to join the 26-km Mt Faber SAFRA run at 7 am, or the 15-km Northern Run at 7:30 am. I knew that there would the Surf and Sweat at Sentosa in the morning too, and I wanted to go over there to meet up with IronmanDreamer and Hedgehog. It would be more convenient to get to Sentosa if I ran around the Mt Faber area, but the distance of 26 km seemed too long. The 15 km route around MacRitchie was more manageable, but it was too far from Sentosa.
BUT, as I overslept this morning, I didn't make it in time for either run. :p
In any case, I went over to Sentosa in the afternoon, where IronmanDreamer and Hedgehog had earlier finished their paddling and running events. They were slightly sun-burnt, but in good spirits :) We headed down to Tanjung Beach for a game of frisbee.

Trying to get that perfect spin
Tiwazz, Littlefoot, Astrogirl and Choonwei arrived later on. The whole group of them went swimming, as part of their training for the biathlon. As for me, I practised a few Pilates move on Littlefoot's beach mat. I didn't want to go into the sea-water, because the last thing I want to do is to develop a false sense of security in the sea, which may tempt me to swim into waters deeper than what I, a novice swimmer, can manage.
When they were done swimming, IronmanDreamer, Astrogirl, Littlefoot, Hedgehog and I went for a short run. We were supposed to run for 40 min. I paced Hedgehog most of the way from Tanjung Beach to Siloso Beach (~2.7 km), but after we U-turned, I felt lazy and began to walk back to the start point, chit-chatting along the way with Hedgehog about weight-training.
For dinner, we went to the Food Junction at HarbourFront. I ordered 小锅面 and ice-kachang :) Yummy. But I was still feeling very thirsty from the afternoon under the sun, so I bought a 1.5 litre bottle of 100 Plus on my way home, and drank half of it before bedtime. ;)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home