Sunday, August 20, 2006

New Balance Real Run 2006

My race bib
Dragged myself out of bed at 5.40 am today. Slept barely 4 hours. Showered, put on my running gear, had some cereal, made sure I brought along my champion chip and race bib (MO 2233) and was out of the house for the New Balance Real Run 2006. Didn't know for sure where the SgRunners meeting point was, or where to deposit my barang-barang. But took the bus down to HarbourFront anyway and tried my luck. Lo and behold, I saw Bikerchic, Daisiki, Cheow12 and SV at Seah Im Food Centre, and Cheow12 graciously offered to give me a ride into Sentosa. Thanks, bro! :) We waited a while for Cokiee to arrive, and then we (minus SV who was on his bike) hopped into Cheow12's car and off we went, into Singapore's pleasure island.

Renoh on the run
Felt great to be back at Sentosa, even though shadows of fatigue still lingered. Had some brief conversations with the SgRunners, and then was ushered to the start line. But the race started late (as usual), and then there was the typical human traffic jam at the start (as usual). *pained look* But nothing unexpected :) Did the first 4 km rather strongly, but began to feel a bit worn out soon after. Hit the sand at Tanjung Beach at the 6 km mark, lost willpower midway and started walking. I guess I could have pushed harder, but mentally I wasn't up to it. Not after a hectic week anyway. :P After Tanjung Beach, I powered up with some 100-plus, and was able to complete the Palawan Beach stretch of sand rather easily. Met Balasing in the middle of Dragon Trail, and he kindly offered to pace me to the end. Thanks, Bala! :D And thanks also to the SgRunners supporters who were cheering us on during the last 300m stretch!

Finished the 9.8 km (according to my footpod) in 56 min 58 sec. Much slower than my timing in 2005, but better than that in 2004. :D But it was a job well done anyway, and after picking up my Finisher's Goodie Bag (well done to the organisers for improving Goodie Bag collection over the years!), bumping into Chee Keong and collecting my can of 100-Plus, I spent the next 30 min cheering the remaining runners at the last 50m stretch.

SgRunners at the End Point

Great turnout by the SgRunners today, including some new faces (to me) such as _michelle, Burnz and Celestronz. Cosmic_Wind told me that Igloo sent me his regards. Thanks, Igloo and well done on your 46 min run! ;D And I also met Akmal at the finishing line. He was with his students from the Special Olympics. Excellent, they have some great runners too!

Junie, Roentgen, Ronnie, Cosmic, Renoh and Teelee...watch out for that ball!
Beach Bums - Kay, Dasher and Renoh
Later on, I went to collect my bag from Cheow's car together with Bikerchic (yes, I'll plan a suitable Botanic Garden route in September! *grin*), Daisiki and SV. Then we proceeded to Tanjung Beach for a picnic, beach volleyball (I didn't play), swimming (I didn't swim), ninja running training (I didn't run) and nuah-ing (I nuah-ed). Got my pics taken by Dasher. [Looking at the pics now, I think I can do with a darker tan, and I'll need to pack on more muscle mass, AND grow taller *lol*. Did I mention that I've lost 2 kg since a couple of months back, and I need to punch a new hole in my belt?]

Had lunch with the gang at HarbourFront Food Court. I had my ice kachang and sliced fish noodles. Then dozed off at the table. *sheepish look* Left for home at 2.30 pm, and had a good, long nap...zzzz...

(And hooray, my right leg didn't let me down today!)

4 Comments:

At 9:37 pm, Blogger mis_nomer said...

Your arm looks very muscular in that pic leh! :)

Congrats on your run.

 
At 9:40 am, Blogger Ethanolic said...

losing weight is alright actually during race session. Coz the more you run the more fats you burn.. everything is back to normal after the SCSM. i hope

 
At 10:08 am, Blogger mis_nomer said...

I'm actually putting on weight!! Die..

Btw, I think this sentence: "beach volleyball (I didn't play), swimming (I didn't swim), ninja running training (I didn't run) and nuah-ing (I nuah-ed)" is funny. :)

 
At 9:50 am, Blogger KickJazz said...

Glad to know ur leg is alrighty now! :)
Good run and try to rest more !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production