Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Another busy rest day

Had lunch at Hans @ Bukit Merah with some of the DSTA folks - Chee Keong, Wilson, Audrey and Cheryl. I ordered the chicken carbonara, which was a mistake - I've tasted better pasta. :P While the food could have been better, especially for the price we paid, I nevertheless appreciated the company of my fellow diners and their updates on what was happening in their lives. It was good to have met up with them. And yes, I've already noted down in my diary the Sentosa outing in end-June. And here's also my deepest apologies to those who may be upset that I had "flown kite" for supper last Friday - I really had to work late that evening at the office :(

After lunch, I went off to meet Weite and Ryan to shop for goodie-bag items for camp. Ryan showed us a really good lobang at one of the small retail toy shops in Bukit Merah where almost everything was going for a dollar or under. And the shop uncle was really one-of-a-kind; you'll need to see him and talk to him in person to understand what I mean :) Through this shopping experience, I have realised when it comes to the power of bargaining and getting a good deal, I've got to learn a lot from Weite and Ryan -- they're the true masters :)

Later that afternoon, I headed to the gym to try out some upper-body exercises on my own. I still could not manage more than 3 plates for seated rows, and my arms were trembling when I tried 30-lb barbell bicep curls. Flyes with 8-lb dumbbells also proved to be a biomechanical challenge, as my right arm still couldn't quite move in the right direction. Skullcrushers with 8-lb dumbbells was just about manageable, though I had to support my right shoulder with my left hand. Seems like the good o' glory days at gym are over, and I've got a long, long way to catch up... But I WILL CATCH UP. Like a Spartan, never say die.

Since dinner with the Ice Cream Express peddlars was at Kuishin-bo @ Suntec City, I decided to take a leisurely walk from Raffles Place to City Hall, taking pictures along the way. Judging from the quality of the pictures afterwards, I think I really need to brush up on my photography skills, lol :)

Dinner with Isabel, Lorraine, Huimin, Chze Keong, Andrew and Qianhao was great. We relived old times and talked about our respective new groups for the upcoming Camp. Everyone's excited about things, and have been busy preparing for it. Gosh, Camp is in two days...it's almost about to start! :D

Clouds in the CBD Bird Sculpture along the Singapore River Asian Civilisations Museum Buffet Dinner at Kuishin-bo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production