Aljunied
Went for my medical appointment today at 10 am, and then met up with Mum at Aljunied MRT station afterwards. She had earlier asked me to accompany her to a columbarium in the area to pay respects to my late maternal grandfather. So the two of us made our way from Aljunied MRT station to the Buddhist temple, and then into the columbarium. I cried when I recalled how great a man Ah Kong was, and how much he loved me. There with Mum, in the underground chamber, I realised that she was genetically half of him, and I was a quarter, and so that made three-quarters of him still alive in the two of us. And I gave Mum a big, tearful hug.
Then I brought Mum out for lunch at Geylang. We had tim-sum (酸甘汁、小笼包、烧卖、荷叶饭、鱼片粥) at Wan Toh Sek (揾到吃), followed by soya bean drinks at Yong He (永和) before heading home for a good nap. I haven't decided if I should go out gallivanting later tonight... :p
==================
Update as of 2220 hrs
Slept the entire afternoon away and woke up at 7 pm, still feeling full from lunch :) Tried to eat some dinner, and ended up drinking lots of bittergourd soup instead. Tomorrow will be another packed day. Will be meeting DSTA buddies for lunch, then shopping for Camp Sunshine stuff with Weite and Ryan after that, followed by gym with Wilson and then dinner with my group from Camp Sunshine last year. Gonna be fun :D
Anyway, SgRunners will be celebrating its 2nd anniversary soon. How quickly time flies, and it's amazing to think how big we've grown and how far we've gone within this short span of time. I'd like to take this opportunity to say to all my best-est, coolest and never-say-die SgRunner buddies that you guys rock and it is an immense privilege and honour in my life to have known you all. You have shown me how to enjoy life and push it to the max; how to build personal detemination and foster team spirit; how to encourage and motivate one another in times of pain and fatigue; and how to set goals and take steps to achieve them. Thanks for sharing your medals and your trophies, your race reports and your finisher photos. I'm looking forward to continuing the journey with you all. I will not let my injury tie me down. A toast to us all!









1 Comments:
Do you really mean that tearful hug? So sweet. If I do that to my mum, I think she'll freak out. :P
Post a Comment
<< Home