Sunday, May 20, 2007

Intro Tea

Went for intro tea with T this morning. Picked him up from his home and brought him to Kovan McDonalds. There was a whole bunch of us befrienders and kids already gathered there. We had lunch -- and boy, was it a challenge to try and eat when there were so many kids around at the same time all clamouring for attention :) My McSpicy burger got knocked onto the floor before I could even finish half of it :P

At the intro tea itself, I met up with some old friends (both kids and befrienders). I was very glad to see them again, especially the kids who had grown up over the past year and had become more mature. I also received a belated birthday present from my former Kenga Group. Thanks guys and gals! :)

The tea ended at 5.45 pm. I was tired beyond words.

Looking after kids is so exhausting... But seeing their happy faces, it makes it worthwhile. But I wonder if I can last 3 days of camp if I'm already all worn out after half-a-day indoors. :P May the Lord give me strength and start preparing me physically and mentally for this.

After tea, I got home and watched Spiderman 2 over dinner. Was struck by May Parker's line: "Even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want most, even our dreams." Hmm...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:04 pm, Blogger waiyan | huien said...

Got here via http://teampembantuan.blogspot.com/. Honest and personal writings; some to identify with. Just added you on msn too. :D Will come by again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production