Sunday, September 16, 2007

말아톤

Watched two films during my flight today. The first was the uncensored version of 300, full of Spartan glory, pride, valour and honour. The on-screen battle scenes were incredible. And it really brought alive my memories of Leonidas dating back to my childhood when I watched a more sterile presentation of the battle of Thermopylae on Discovery Channel. I want to be a Spartan, and keep on fighting to the end, never surrendering, never giving up. *roar*

The second movie was Marathon (말아톤), a Korean production about how an autistic youth Yoon Cho-wan, egged on by his mother, took part in a 10-km race and then went on to complete his first-ever marathon in sub-3 hour timing. I couldn't hold back my tears during this film, particularly because as a runner, I know how punishing the 42.195 km route can be, let alone for the protagonist who was unable to express himself and lost in his own world. It's an emotional piece, and you just have to watch it to find out for yourself.

Touched down at around 1320 hrs. Apart from a delay in take-off and all the turbulence encountered, it was a good flight. :D

==============
Update as of 2130 hrs

Walked around town for a bit before dinner at a 何首乌 restaurant. There's a massive California Fitness gym located just opposite my hotel. If I wake up in time tomorrow, I'll pop by before going to work. Can't wait for tomorrow to begin :)

1 Comments:

At 10:36 pm, Blogger roentgen said...

Hey Renoh! I watched the Korean marathon movie too on my recent trip... very touching show indeed. The male lead acted very well, portraying the challenges of an autistic person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production