Bear Grylls
Been watching many episodes of "Man vs Wild" over the past few weeks, a survival series documentary starring British adventurer Bear Grylls. Incredible stuff, and absolutely riveting. Gryll's able to do things that I would never dare to do or even risk trying. For one, I wouldn't be sloshing around in the knee-deep mud-black waters of the alligator-infested Everglades, because my feet would just rot in the water. And I wouldn't be walking around on hot rock around a volcano with the rubber soles of my shoes catching fire either.
On further thought, I think there's a deep yearning inside of me to be an adventurer too. Maybe not in the sense of throwing myself into the thick Amazonian forest or onto the freezing slopes of the Swiss Alps to test my ability to survive, but I think I would really like to do things that are really physically challenging that break me out of my comfort zone, things that would get my adrenaline pumping and my endorphin level high. Things like overseas races and possibly some competitive sports like rock-wall climbing and canoeing. Things that I never did when I was much younger. I now just wish that I could swim and that I would not be so injury-prone and that I would not so easily succumb to the mildest ailments and infections.








1 Comments:
Once you're ready, we can start wall climbs and kayaking/canoeing.
Post a Comment
<< Home