Rhapsody No. 1 for Violin and Piano
I haven't blogged for a while because it had taken some time for my new apartment to be wired up with internet access. But I'm now connected, and back in action. Life has been rather busy so far but enjoyable. On Friday, I had a splendid evening at the National Concert Hall, watching a two-hour duo recital by violinist Huang Yi-fang (黃義方) and pianist Chiang Mo-li (蔣茉莉). I particularly enjoyed their rendition of Béla Bartók's Rhapsody No. 1 for Violin and Piano. The event was organised by the Chinese National Associatoin of Industry and Commerce, in memorial of the late Central Bank Governor Sheu Yuen-dong (許遠東) and his wife, who both died in an aircrash in 1998. Tomorrow's going to be Samsung's "Run for Life" 3-km event outside the City Hall. I hope I can wake up in time for it. It would be my first run since my arrival here.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home