Sunday, December 09, 2007

Middle of the road

I was involved in a mini traffic accident the other night. The taxi that I was travelling in had a side collision with another vehicle and came to an abrupt halt in the middle lane of the road. The other vehicle continued ahead for about fifty metres or so before the driver pulled over by the pavement and stepped out to inspect the damages to his automobile. My cab driver stormed out of his taxi to confront the other driver, leaving me inside his taxi, stranded in the middle of the road, with no hazard lights turned on and with traffic streaming by on both sides of the taxi. I asked myself: should I get out of the taxi first, in case some other vehicle rammed into it head-on; or should I sit inside the taxi until the taxi driver returned, and then pay him the cab fare and then get off? I chose the latter. On hindsight, I think I should have just gotten out of the vehicle as soon as I could, safety-permitting, and cross over to the pavement, instead of putting myself in such unnecessary danger.

2 Comments:

At 12:03 am, Blogger Dr 張俊哲 (Chun-che Chang, Ph.D.) said...

Dear Kai-jun,

It is great to know that you made a wise decision and finally went home safely. chunche

 
At 10:05 am, Blogger roentgen said...

Thank God you are okay! That was really a very dicey situation...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production