Sunday, September 14, 2008

KPE Swing Run

At Leonard's and David's advice, I decided to cast my worries aside and live out my weekend. :)

Saturday began late, as usual, but I managed to squeeze in a session to the gym, took a leisurely stroll down the Singapore River and shopped around for electronic paraphernalia at Funan Centre before suddenly feeling sapped of energy and having to go home immediately to rest.

Sunday began much earlier, with me catching a ride in Babumouse's car (picking up BoSe along the way) to participate in the inaugural KPE Swing Run, a semi-competitive and semi-fun 10-km race through Southeast Asia's longest road tunnel. My flu had still not yet receded, but I pressed ahead with the run anyway through the tunnel. It was dark (at least for about 2 km) with limited ventilation throughout, which made it rather challenging mentally to complete. But finish it, I did, albeit with a less than impressive timing of 54:32 and emerged from tunnel and into the light of day. There, I caught up with the other SgRunners and some of my buddies from DSTA who were also present, which was great. :) After the run, I headed down to Vivocity to watch with Babumouse, BoSe and Ripley "Le Renard Et L'enfant", a French docu-film about 10-year old girl's friendship with a fox. It has a simple storyline, but offers fascinating footages of wildlife in their natural habitat through the four seasons. I loved it! After the movie, I caught up with Shiwei over artificial fruit juice and it's so good to hear an update from him on what's he's doing and where he's headed. I had a haircut before going home, but oddly enough, that sickly feeling of being sapped of all energy came back again while I was on the bus. It was almost as if I could simply slip into unconsciousness if I allowed myself to.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production