Swim and swordplay
Having taken leave in the afternoon, I went for a relaxing swim at Mt Faber SAFRA. Although I'm still not quite getting my strokes right, at least I can make it across the breadth of the pool without having to stop, so it's a marked improvement! :) With more training and a bit of luck, I just might be able to join a scaled-down biathlon or triathlon someday...
Later, I also dropped by the Habitat office to pick up the Singapore-Medan-Banda Aceh flight tickets on behalf of my team, Pembantuan. The construction helmets, raincoats, boots and gloves which we had ordered also arrived on this same day at the office, which was splendid timing. ;)
At 6:15 pm in the evening, I had originally arranged to meet Andrew and Eugene at the MacRitchie Reservoir to practise our swordplay in the open. However, as there was still a drizzle (plus lightning!) by the time we got there, we scrapped our grand plan and relocated ourself in the MediaCorp reception area to wait for our 7:30 pm class. Today, Wen Yeow had returned from his overseas posting to instruct us. After his stint in China, he seemed to have become even more strict with us - which is not necessarily a bad thing. ;) Thanks to his watchful eye, I was made aware of the mistakes in my various postures and stances. Today's lesson will be my last one before the exam in two weeks' time. I don't feel ready for the wushu exam, but I'll give it my best shot nonetheless.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home