My first morning run in Orchard
Chris Ang and I went down to the Orchard area for an early morning run. We arrived at the carpark near the Visitor Centre of the Singapore Botanic Gardens at about 6:30 am. Chris had completed a 4-km fast run the previous evening and was also still nursing a knee injury, while I was trying out my new Adidas SuperNova Cushion, so we decided to maintain our pace at a comfortable level...not too fast. ;)
After some stretching, we proceeded on a slow jog around the gardens. It was my first jog there, and I found the air refreshingly cool. After about 15 minutes, we left the greens and headed onto Holland Road, then kept a steady pace down Orchard Road all the way until the Istana. Then we made a turn up Buyong Road into Cavenagh Road, then Bukit Timah Road, and finally Evans Road which led us to the School of Physical Education, where we stopped for a break. Then, there was a leisurely stroll back to the car. I reckon the route we ran in the gardens was about 3 km, and the route outside, about 8 km. It felt really good. :) I haven't run so far in ages.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home