MR25 Run
Today, I joined The Lonely Runner, Balasing, Brokenrunner, Skyver and some other runners at MacRitchie Reservoir for the MR25 trial run. It was a hot day, and I was feeling a little run-down, having been stretched rather thinly at work earlier in the week and yesterday at the zoo. Nonetheless, I had a good run. Along the way, I kept feeling like giving up and walking, but I remembered the Nike advert about dumping your old self, and forging ahead with the new (the Nike "Reincarnate Now" series of adverts). So I kept on going, every step of the way. And I guess that's an achievement in itself.
In the end, I missed the qualifying time for MR25 membership (25 minutes) by coming in a slow 26 min 06 sec. *sigh* I will do better the next time. But my heartiest congratulations go out to Balasing, Brokenrunner and Skyver, who made it under 25 minutes! An excellent job for a first-time run! :) And also, congratulations to the running extraordinaire, The Lonely Runner, who broke his own personal record to come under 23 (or was it 22?) minutes. The fastest guy finished the 5-km cross-country route in an incredible 17:04. Woah, that man's fast! ;O








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home