My Sunday!
Today, I met up with DreamRunner and the other members from the SAFRA (Mt Faber) Running Club for their Sunday morning run. At around 7:15 am, we embarked on our journey. I must have been half-asleep, because somehow or another, we got to Queensway from Telok Blangah Way (about 2.6 km) and now, I can't remember which route we took to get there :P
Anyway, at some point along Queensway, past the new Police Station, we turned left into an unused road, crossed a railway track, and then went onto Whitchurch Road. From there, we proceeded onto Portsdown Road, past the Tanglin Trust School and Portsdown Prison until we hit North Buona Vista Road (~ 2.6 km).
Next, we headed down North Buona Vista Road until we reached the Buona Vista MRT station, where we stopped for a quick break, then crossed Commonwealth Avenue West (~ 1.3 km). Then, we ran along the Ulu Pandan Park Connector next to Sungei Ulu Pandan until we reached Clementi Road (~ 2 km). By this point, I reckoned we had already covered about 8.5 km.
We ran southwards, down Clementi Road until we reached Carpark 2 of West Coast Park where we stopped for a brief water break (~ 3.2 km). Within the park itself, we ran a circuit on the joggers' path (~ 1.8 km). Then we crossed the West Coast Highway, then onto Pasir Panjang Road. The group then split into two, with the first group going for a longer 35 km route (via Kent Ridge) and the second group heading back straight for SAFRA. I opted to join the latter. :P
Eventually, with the second group, I reached Haw Par Villa (~ 1.5 km). Up to this point, we had probably covered about 15 km. By this time, I was already feeling very tired and very hungry. I told the other runners in the group to go ahead, because I was in no condition to keep up with their pace. :P
From Haw Par Villa, I crossed back onto West Coast Highway, and jogged-walked all the way by myself down Pasir Panjang Road (~ 2.8 km), stopping along the way at TWO petrol stations to buy drinks and a chocolate bar to replenish lost fluids and energy. Then, it was another 1 km along Telok Blangah Road, another 600 m up Henderson Road, and I was back at SAFRA Clubhouse.
The other runners were already there, talking about taking showers and having brunch :) Within minutes of my arrival, the 35-km-ers also returned, hot, sweaty and cheerful. :)
It had taken me around 2.5 hours to run about only 19.4 km. Gosh, I'm really slow, and my stamina really needs a lot of working on, if I am to meet my target of a sub-2-hour half-marathon! :(
Since I was at SAFRA, I also conveniently renewed my Club membership and registered for the Army Half Marathon. ;)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home