Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Working out at Fitness First

This afternoon, I went to the Fitness First gym (George Street branch) at the invitation of a good buddy of mine. We did squats, incline bench presses, lats pulldowns and crunches -- a simple, overall body workout. After that, one of the Personal Trainers there offered us the use of a Tanita Body Composition Analyzer (TBF-300). It was my first time on such a machine, and to my surprise, I found myself much lighter than I had originally thought. It reported that I was 51.5 kg, had a BMI of 19.1 and a body-fat percentage of 16%.

Later on, I was "analysed" by another hand-held device, manufactured by OSIM, and it said my BFP was 13.5%. Hmmm...I don't know which is more accurate, but it seems that I'm more or less within the healthy range. :) However, I'm hoping to hit 10-12%. With my current preparations for the end-of-year marathon, my body-fat percentage is likely to decrease, and that would be very convenient indeed. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production