A beautiful day
Today has been the most beautiful day for me in a long while.
I was due to attend a course at the Regent Hotel at 9 am, which meant that I could wake up at about 7:45 am (as compared to 6:30 am on my usual working day). The extra minutes of sleep had a tremendous beneficial effect on my mood when I got out of bed. :)
As I leisurely consumed my breakfast, I read with pleasure the Straits Times news article about 39-year old money broker, Terry Walsh, who is currently raising funds for the chronically ill children in Club Rainbow by taking part in the Ironman Triathlon World Championship (a full 42-km marathon + 180-km cycling + 3.9-km swim) in Hawaii next month. Kudos to you, Terry! The world needs more people like you! :)
The course that I was attending at Regent Hotel was on "Business Etiquette". It included dining etiquette, which meant that plenty of good food was served throughout the day. It was a feast :)
As my boss did not call or SMS me to return to the office, at 6 pm (the official end of the working day), I gratefully picked up my briefcase and set off for home from the hotel. For the first time in weeks, I could actually see (in the daylight) the new Queensway underpass being used by vehicles. The underpass had been completed a few weeks ago and had since then been open to traffic flow. However, because I had been working late for the past few weeks, I had not realised that the underpass was already in operation!
I was also extremely thankful for the opportunity at last to have a proper dinner with my parents. :)
After my meal, I logged onto the internet, and was informed by Chris Ang via MSN that the DSTA running teams had an sterling performance in the Ascendas Road Relay held earlier in the afternoon. DSTA bagged the first and fourth team positions, as well as the top male and female individual positions. Congratulations! :) What splendid news! :)
Gosh, it is such a beautiful day today! :)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home