Todo sucederá como fue escrito por el Señor
Today, I tried to read some La Quinta Montaña, the novel by the Brazilian author Paulo Coelho. I managed to go through the part about Elijah (el profeta israelita, Elías) meeting the widow (la viuda) of Serepta, and then being called up to meet the priest, the governor and the military chief (el sacerdote, el gobernador y el jefe militar).
My favourite line/paragraph in this chapter?
- Todo sucederá como fue escrito por el Señor -- respondió el profeta --. Hay momentos en que las tribulaciones se presentan en nuestras vidas y no podemos evitarlas. Pero están allí por algún motivo.
It's a slow process, reading a book like this, but it's really challenging on the mind, and I enjoy it. ;)








1 Comments:
Wow, you can read Spanish? I love the sound of Spanish. And the people too. Did you watch "The Motorcycle Diaries"? That's a great film.
Post a Comment
<< Home