Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Knocking off early to run

Today, I was actually able to pack up and go off from the office at 6:15 pm. Incredible!

I chose to go running. Even though I didn't have my running gear with me (chest-strap and foot-pod), nonetheless, I roughly knew the distance of each lap, and so, off I went! I did two laps of 7.2 km in 42 minutes and 44 minutes respectively, then did a cool-down walk of an additional 2.7 km.

Thinking back, about this time last year, I was also training for the 42-km marathon. Perhaps I was fitter back then, having more regular training (a couple or more times a week)...but shorter distances, around 6-10 km. This year, I'm running 15-20 km at one shot, but only once every week... Either way, I'm not clocking the recommended mileage of 50 km per week. I'm not sure which training regime is better, but I seriously doubt I can go under 4 hours 30 minutes for the full marathon this year. Ah well, to finish will be an accomplishment in itself, I suppose :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This blog has been a Renohtaram (雷诺特郎) Production